Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sunscreens!

From left to right:
  1. Coppertone Faces sunscreen SPF30
  2. Clinique Super City Block SPF25
  3. Lancome UV Expert DNA Shield SPF50
  4. Garnier UV Protect SPF 50
  5. SunPlay Powdery White SPF47
  6. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-touch SPF30
  7. Sunkiller Kirei Hada SPF50
  8. SkinFood Peach Sake Sun Lotion SPF50

Coppertone Faces sunscreen SPF30
This contains vitamin A and E, is non-comedogenic and waterproof. It's about $15 for 88ml, so it's quite cheap. I wanted to use it daily, but the texture's not very light, so usually I only use it when I go swimming. It's nice, spreadable and non-sticky though.

Clinique Super City Block SPF25
This is tinted, but discontinued - the new ones are only available in SPF40 (my sister's coming back with a tube from duty-free). The tint prevents any strange white cast so you don't look like you're wearing sunscreen, but there's not much coverage, probably cos I'm slightly tanned. It's moisturising, though a bit sticky, and leaves my face slightly shiny. It's a bit difficult to blend though, cos the texture's a bit thick. Some people might find it expensive at about $40+ a tube.

Lancome UV Expert DNA Shield SPF50
Mine is the white, untinted version but I think it's available in tinted as well. The untinted one leaves a white cast on my face, but the tinted one probably wouldn't. It has a nice shimmery, pearlescent finish which provides a lovely glow, but it's really quite heavy, which is probably better for people with dry skin. I'll try the tinted version next time.

Garnier UV Protect SPF 50
This is available in white (untinted), beige (to even skin out) and purple (anti-dullness). Kind of like the L'oreal UV Perfect in my opinion, since it's also SPF50 and available in the same tints. Mine is the beige one, and it does make skintone look more even, plus the dimethicone in it gives a smooth, glowy finish, which also makes it a very good makeup base. It's quite light and blendable, plus I can feel that the vitamin E in it makes your skin really soft. However, it's feels quite sticky on the face when used on its own, and the packaging's not that great - a hard plastic bottle that can't be squeezed, so you have to shake to get product out.

SunPlay Powdery White SPF47
Pretty much like all the other Sunplay Powder Sunscreens. It's a runny liquid that leaves a white cast on the face because of the white powder, but it's very smooth and lightweight. The bottle's like a liquid paper bottle, you shake it and a little ball inside mixes the sunscreen up.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-touch SPF30
This has a texture quite unlike many other sunscreens - it's a dense cream which doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and leaves a powdery finish which is totally not sticky at all! Surprisingly, though the cream is white, it goes on totally clear. However, due to the dry, powdery texture it leaves on the face, it's probably not a good base for makeup to adhere to. There's no greasiness at all, but the alcohol content in this is quite high, so it kind of stings my eyes.

Sunkiller Kirei Hada SPF50
This one's like the SunPlay as well, except it's tinted. I think all the SunPlay and Sunkiller ones come in bottles with the ball thing inside that really makes me wanna shake it cos it makes a nice rattly sound. :P A runny, light beige liquid that kind of brightens up and evens out skintone. It has really good oil control and dries down to a matte finish. Plus it's really cheap, at about $12. And when I removed it, I noticed tiny particles of glitter. Cute!

SkinFood Peach Sake Sun Lotion SPF50
On hindsight, I think this is slightly overpriced (you can get it way cheaper in Korea, this cost me $36), but it smells so good and the packaging is so pretty! This has the best fragrance ever, like peaches and sake - the others all smell typically sunscreen-ish. It's untinted, but the particles of titanium dioxide are micronized, so it doesn't leave a white cast. It's a very blendable liquid, slightly less runny than Sunplay and Sunkiller. It leaves a nice matte finish as well, and would be a good base. It's also moisturising. If you have sensitive skin, you shouldn't use it though, cos apparently the sake would be too strong.

My favourites would definitely be the SunKiller and SkinFood (not because they're the newest to my collection). They're the most lightweight, ungreasy and suitable for daily use. Most importantly, they don't leave a white cast on the face which I find really important - who goes around looking like a ghost? I suppose people with fairer complexions would be ok with that though.

--------

Anyway, I'm having a really bad headache right now. I realised I haven't been catching up on my lost sleep during the exams at all, so that's probably the cause. And I just moved lots of stuff (including my fridge) from hall today. It doesn't help that the weather's swelteringly hot either.

I need to go pack up my stuff before the maid comes to clean up tomorrow. Ciao!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails