Friday, May 16, 2008

Bottle It Up

Yesterday I went to the Isetan private sale in the morning, before French class, because I wanted to get the camera (on offer) but it was sold out! I was so disappointed! So I had lunch at Pepper Lunch with my mom. ^^ They have a new Sukiyaki set! Yum!!

When I reached home it was almost 11pm, so I just bummed out on the couch and started flipping through the channels till I spotted Chitty Chitty Bang Bang airing on the Disney Channel. :P It was my first time watching it, believe it or not. I love musicals. My mom was also glued to the screen (musicals are the stuff of her era) and I watched it till about 1.30am. Gosh!
DSC04521

Chacottloosepowder

Here's a review of Chacott Finishing Powder. I bought 2 tubs, one in 753 (colourless) and 756 (suits my MAC NC25-30 skintone). One tub contains 170g, it's supposed to be really cheap at about 1600yen a tub, but with the shipping and agent fees, I paid double that. It's still quite affordable though. A tub of MAC Select Sheer loose powder is only 30g, so just imagine how huge a tub of Chacott is. O_o

Just some background information - if you read Popteen, you'll notice Chacott powder being featured in the cosmetics section. However, I haven't noticed it in any of the other Japanese magazines (Non-no, Seventeen, VOGUE nippon -d'oh it's too cheap-). Popteen caters more to the Kogal-ish type of girl (which is why I stopped reading it) which makes me a little suspicious of Chacott's quality - is it featured in the magazine because it's cheap, or because it's good?

Basically, Chacott is touted as the number 1 loose powder in Japan, described as a powder used by stage performers (thus explaining the large size), being able to resist perspiration. It does smell very much like backstage makeup - if you've ever had a dance performance or drama production and had to be made-up, you'll remember the scent, which isn't unpleasant, but not that great either.

There aren't any swatches, they wouldn't make a difference because the powder is so sheer, there's practically no coverage at all. As its name suggests, it's pretty much used only to set your liquid foundation (which should already have provided enough coverage in the first place), so I don't find the translucency a problem. The powder's very finely milled and practically melts into your skin, giving a very natural, poreless look. It feels really light, and doesn't break me out (and I break out so easily). However, it doesn't control oil very well (about 4 hours max). For packaging, the plastic sifter in the tub is cheap and flimsy - I just ditched it. I transfer the powder into a 30g jar of mine and use it from there, refilling as necessary to keep it more hygienic (and also in case anyone wants samples).

Speaking of samples, I recently sold 2 satchets to this girl on a forum at $4.50/tbsp, which is about 14.5g (a lot!). Be warned - I see so many people selling samples at exorbitant prices, like $4.50 for 3g, which is utterly ridiculous.
I'll end with something by Sara Bareilles - I saw one of her videos on MTV and fell in love with the song.
-------
There'll be girls across the nation
That will eat this up babe
I know that it's your soul but could you bottle it up and
Get down to the heart of it,
No it's my heart you're shit out of your luck
Don't make me tell you again my love love love love.
Love love love love.

I am aiming to be somebody this somebody trusts
With her delicate soul
I don't claim to know much except soon as you start
To make room for the parts
That aren't you it gets harder to bloom in a garden of
Love love love love
Love Love love love

Only thing I ever could need, only one good thing
Worth trying to be and it's

Love
Love
Love
Love
I do it for Love
Love
Love
Love

We can understand the sentiment you're saying to us
Oh,
But sensible sells so could you kindly shut up
And get started
At keeping your part of the bargain aw please
Little darlin'
You're killing me sweetly with love love love love
Love love love love

Only thing I ever could need only one good thing
Worth trying to be

Love
Love
Love
Love
I do it for Love
Love
Love
Love

Started as a flicker meant to be a flame
Skin has gotten thicker but it burns the same
Still a baby in a cradle got to take my first fall
Baby's getting next to nowhere with her back
Against the wall.
You meant to make me happy make me sad.
Want to make it better better so bad.
But save your resolutions for your never new year
There is only one solution I can see here.

Love you're all I ever could need only one good thing
Worth trying to be and it's
Love
Love
Love
Love
I do it for love, love, love, love
Oh, only gonna get get what you give away,
So give love, love
Only gonna get get what you give away
Love.

1 comment:

EmmKay said...

Hi,

I am based in KL. Are you still selling samples of #756 Chacott lp? Interested to buy :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails