Monday, June 9, 2008

Petite Poupée de Papier

C'est jolie, n'est-ce pas?

paperdoll
That's what I've been using my origami papers for, and I recently bought 500 grams of coloured paper (that's like half a kg!) plus a craft punch. Will be making more of these pretties, wait and see!

Oh, and I'm proud to announce that I've officially finished reading Kafka's The Trial! I'm like, so totally intellectual. It was a tough book to get through, even for me. (I can pretty much force myself through any book that a normal person would faint at.) It's partly because he creates this horrible, surreal and nightmare-ish atmosphere which I don't like, because I detest feeling disturbed. Also, his long rambling sentences and paragraphs (which can be pages long) hampers reading. It's a neat piece of social criticism though it's difficult gleaning his meaning.

Perhaps, another day, when I'm feeling up to it, I shall attempt to read The Metamorphosis, The Castle, The Judgement, In the Penal Colony...

And I hear an 05S33 class outing is in the making!!! Hahaha! Like, finally! It can be a nice farewell dinner for Miss Noo who is going to Canada in August!!! Woo! (May she meet hot foreign dudes who look like Louis Koo!!! Hahaha!!!) I'm looking forward to it, I hear someone has lost a whole lot of weight! Hahaha!

My sister is making dinner, it smells good!! It's inspired by some food she tar-paued from Shokudo and The Soup Spoon yesterday. Shokudo makes pretty good kimchi, except it's a little dry and the portion is humongous. And I must visit The Soup Spoon one day! I love soup! I don't really like the creamy mushroom one (which my sister is strangely fond of) but I like the Tokyo one!! It's delish!!! I can't remember the name, but it's called Tokyo-something and it contains chicken, chives, carrots, bamboo shoots, cute long skinny mushrooms, wintermelon, onions... YUMMM.

Ok, dinner beckons. À bientôt!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails