Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I've got a fever, I'm hot

I just drank some Panadol Cold&Flu hot remedy drink so that I can stay awake to rehearse my presentation, but I have been enticed by my laptop so here I am now, blogging. HAHA.

So anyway last Friday I skipped school (cos I just added the class and the tutor probably didn't even have my name on the list) and celebrated my Gramma's 80th birthday at Long Beach @ Dempsey! (No photos; I don't really like taking food photos in restaurants cos it's weird. I will only take photos in the most low-class places but I don't eat in hawker centres so I don't think you'll ever see any HAHA) I thought her 80th birthday was last year (cos I skipped it and I had to call her to wish her happy birthday and she was like "WHY AREN'T YOU HERE!!?!?!") but that was her Chinese 80th birthday. Cos the Chinese say that when you're born, you're like a year old already (since you spent 9 months in your mum's tummy). Makes sense huh?

Long Beach @ Dempsey has a way better ambience than the East Coast one. You know we always laugh at the shiny napkin wrappers at the East Coast one cos they're printed with bikini-clad girls. :P Dempsey's sticks to plain silver. And I noticed the Dempsey crowd is full of expats. The table behind us was a group of Japanese (plus a lone ang-moh whose Japanese was really good!) so I eavesdropped on their conversation. Haha!!! The one bad thing about Dempsey is that the staircase leading to the carpark is unlit and horribly dark. Everyone walking down will be clutching the railing and we spent like 5 minutes going down it. -_-U

I'm bored and I have my camera with me, so cue the self-entertainment! (I'm also trying to figure out how to use my cam properly, cos sometimes photos turn out over-exposed and I can't figure out the flash properly tsk.)
IMG_0554
My anti-flu arsenal!!! I drink a bottle of Lemon1000 a day. My mom thinks it's a rip-off, but they can't possibly falsely claim that a bottle contains 1000mg of vit C without being sued right?! Then again, I down it all at one go, and the body can't really absorb so much at once, so I suppose I'm passing out expensive pee. HAHA. ($1.50 a bottle a day means my wallet's being drained, boo.)
IMG_0553
More vit C!!! Plus Nutri-Tea, cos they're good for health right??
IMG_0522
I've been trying to save money!!! :D This is where I write down "Panadol Cold&Flu - $4.20" and stuff like that. So expensive right?!??!!?! One box only contains 5 pathetic doses!
IMG_0533
I started craving junk food but I thought seaweed was healthier. And 1 miserable tiny packet costs $3. I'd much rather buy a huge packet of Lays!!!
IMG_0552
So the weather has been rainy and chilly recently and my back problem has been acting up so I brought this to hall cos my mom forgot I had one already and bought an extra tube. You know how most gels/creams have deep-heat effects? This one doesn't, so you'll think it's useless at first, until you suddenly notice the strange absence of pain!!! It has a seriously good numbing effect.
IMG_0551
Last Wednesday AC gave me a tube of L'occitane hand cream! Yay I love metal tubes cos they remind me of acrylic paint tubes. XD It'll be a good replacement for my Crabtree & Evelyn one which is in a sorry state. :P I don't know if anyone has the same feeling, but I find that washing my contact lens makes my hands dry, cos of the chemicals in the solution.
IMG_0565
Plus a Cinnamoroll notepad!!! I didn't recognise it as Cinnamoroll at first. :P Yay thank you!!!

It's been a lousy 3rd week back at school... I think my packed schedule is really ruining my health and I feel so guilty about treating my body so badly, I'm very sure that I'm aging faster than a lot of people my age. ;_; That's why I don't know why a lot of people want to become private bankers or stuff like that cos if I'm falling sick so frequently now, I can't imagine what life would be like getting by on just 3 hours of sleep every night. And seriously, I don't want to die early just for the money. It's not like I'm very poor either. I can understand the drive from people who come from poor backgrounds, but they're just misguided if they think money can solve all their problems.

Anyway, I discovered today that I'm not the only one who's been feeling unusually exhausted lately! I suppose it's because we can't really skip any classes this semester. In the past, even if we skipped classes, we could catch up by mugging a single textbook or a stack of given notes, but now we can't (or rather, I can't) because there are multiple texts, and references everywhere. I find it so troublesome to search for the notes!!! I'm like the most disorganised person around. ;_; Oh well. I hope I'll make it through this semester in one piece...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails