Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Holidaze!

Returned home to find my sister's Wall-E figurine. Pretty cute, but essentially useless. :P I really like the plaintiveness in the eyes though.
wall-e
Over-exposed.
wall-e2

I finally found a nice grapefruit scent!! Bath and Body Works Grapefruit Splash. It's better than the Body Shop's pink grapefruit, and anyway TBS doesn't make any grapefruit mist. Lasts really long too. I've been using the Dove Go Fresh body wash in grapefruit and lemongrass (cos of the cool ads on TV haha!) and it smells super good too! Omg I just love grapefruit, but my mom tells me new studies have shown that drinking too much grapefruit juice will increase your chances of getting cancer yada yada but who cares? I'll just spritz it on then.
bbw

Also I recently got the Bobbi Brown Face Blender Brush. It's really full and soft, I think it's made of natural hair, and it blends super well. Love it to pieces, it's the best item I've invested in and I hope it lasts me a looong time.
bobbi brown face blender brush


bobbi brown face blender brush 2

And yesterday's Body Shop purchases after doing our IT project. :P The highly-raved Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion and Vitamin C Skinboost.
bodyshop

I like the soft, un-exposed look. There's this type of Japanese-style photography where there's lots and lots of light filtering in, with soft exposure, so everything looks slightly hazy and soft but bright, and Asians look like they have browner hair and fairer skin. I can't find an example right now, but it typically centres on a model, with a pale minimalist background and blonde wood. LOVE. I want to learn to take shots like that!!

In other news, after 11 lessons, I'm officially at grade 2 for violin. (Which means a fee increase damn.) Oh well, nobody can laugh at me for being a beginner now! I don't know why everyone says learning the violin is difficult in the beginning because it sounds awful and it might turn you off learning, but I never sounded that awful even in the beginning. I think maybe they're referring to tone, scratches, screeches or squeaking, but I suppose it could be averted if you have strength in your biceps, have good posture and stuff like that, then you'd get a steady hand and play full bow and everything easily. I always thought my tone was ok, but didn't really know if it was true until my teacher told me my tone was really good for a beginner. So you really just need to be brave and play forte to get the feel. (:

So I'm very happy because all's well in violin and piano (new lovely grade 8 dances to learn!) and the only thing that pisses me off is the China tainted milk scandal!!! I just bought a Dove chocolate bar last week and it's on the list of tainted products. ;_; We had a topic in Comms class which goes like "how long do you think China's good reputation will last after the Beijing Olympics, do you think it'll help her recover from the previous tainted food and toys scandals?" and haha, barely a couple of weeks after the Olympics, we get this!!! Tsk tsk.

Off to do my IT project now...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails