Monday, September 1, 2008

Turandot!

IMG_0668
Went to watch Puccini's Turandot on Friday night! It was my first opera. :P What can I say, an opera's like a musical, except with a different style of singing. Haha! It's about a Chinese princess (Turandot) who gives 3 riddles to suitors, and if they don't get it right, they're beheaded. Then this prince, Calef, decides to try. Calef has a servant girl, Liu, who's in love with him, and she kills herself for him because she doesn't want to divulge his name to the princess. I think Liu's the true star of the show. ^^ Her voice is fantabulous! She's played by Nancy Yuen who's a Singaporean. Imagine, a Singaporean with such a lovely voice!

I found the opera really interesting because it's China from the viewpoint of an Italian. You get strains of Mo Li Hua whenever Turandot enters, and the 3 ministers are called Ping, Pong and Pang cos I suppose that's how Mandarin sounds like to them. HAHA.

Oh, and I have a new love - Avocado milkshake from Thai Express! It's really nice, but my grandma's is nicer. :P She mixes avocado with fresh milk and honey, and it's supposed to be very good for the skin. :D

I was depressed last week and during lunch hour on Saturday I went crazy and bought all these.
ZA

IMG_0675
I like the packaging of the ZA Blemish Shoot Dewy Gel. It's so no-frills!
IMG_0129

IMG_0677

IMG_0676

Kind of regret buying the Blemish Shoot Gel. I tried it and it contains salicylic acid which is kind of strong. I don't really have many blemishes to shoot anyway. And one thing I find with products that contain salicylic acid is that they don't leave a very matte finish (thus the "dewy"ness I suppose). Still, the packaging's cute!!

When I finally finish trying them all out I think I'll do a review post for fun, haha!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails