Sunday, March 15, 2009

How to talk to anyone

Goodness. You know, even though some people might have higher GPAs than mine, I'm certain that they won't fare well in the workplace.

When you break bad news to people, you do not put smiley faces at the back of your message. You're supposed to empathise and match your recipient's emotions, not irritate her (or me in this situation)! Imagine if your project is to be due tomorrow, your group hasn't done anything, and your project-mate texts you to say:

"Hi, sorry I can't meet you guys tonight for the meeting, I have something urgent on. (: "

...

See what I mean?!

Goodness. Though I only got a B+ in my communications class last semester, I found I learnt a lot. It seems sad though, that some people just can't get the importance of effective communication to stick in their heads.

And you know, just because you're friends with someone doesn't mean you should be lax about being polite or considerate. People make it in and out of the little friends' list in my head all the time.

As Heidi Klum says, 'One day you're in, the next day you're out.'

Auf Wiedersehen!

---

update:

"I agree, it's very messy. (:"

It's very messy and that is all your fault!!!!!!! OMG.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails