Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Review: Mentholatum Acnes

Mentholatum Acnes was released recently in Watson's and I'd been wanting it forever so I grabbed some real quick! I actually wanted the SPF50 UV tinted milk, but they didn't import that and I doubt they ever will. So I got the Powder Lotion and SPF15 Medicated Oil Control Moisturiser instead.

Mentholatum Acnes Powder Lotion
Consistency: A toner with powder sediments at the bottom. You have to shake it before application.

Packaging: 150ml plastic bottle, quite pretty, but if you unwrap the plastic it just becomes a plain old bottle, so I only removed the plastic from the cap cos I like the design. :P

Comments: The powder really helps to control oil, but the 2nd ingredient for the toner is alcohol which is pretty strong. It doesn't sting but tingles, and that's probably due to the menthol rather than the alcohol. I like it; even though it's a little drying, following up with a good moisturiser should be fine.

Rating: 9/10

Mentholatum Acnes Medicated Oil-Control Moisturizer
Consistency: A translucent gel-lotion.

Packaging: 45g flat bottle.

Comments: It's antibacterial and contains sunscreen. It does control oil but such gel-lotions for oily skin always seem to leave a sheen (like L'oreal Pure Zone moisturizer etc), because of the texture of the gel or something. So you'll have to mattify it with loose powder, and after that everything's great. (: It feels menthol-ly as well, but not as tingly as the lotion. If I use this I'll only apply on the T-zone cos it's not quite moisturizing enough for normal skin. As for the SPF, personally I don't think SPF15 is enough, I always wear extra sunscreen. I wish they'd bring the UV tinted sunscreen milk in!

Rating: 8/10

The Mentholatum Acnes line in Singapore also includes facial foam, oil-blotting papers, cleansing wipes, spot treatment and sheet masks. Elsewhere they have a clay mask and the UV milk I want! Everything in Singapore costs less than $9.90 which is great! (:

(I think the greatest selling point would be the adorable packaging; I'm a little too old to get much "Acnes" but I still bought it anyway lol. I'll probably send it to my younger sis when I'm done playing with them.)

1 comment:

- Angie - said...

Oh... They do have the tinted Milk with def enough sun protection, SPF50.

I saw the lil bottle at Guardians last saturday.
Hope this helps you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails