Sunday, August 28, 2011

Review: Kose Softymo Airy Whip

I purchased this can of Kose Softymo Airy Whip about a month ago from an online seller. I've been using it every morning since and I think it's gonna last me quite a long time! For each wash, I pump out an amount slightly larger than a golf ball in size. The foam is quite nice and dense:


My only gripe is the pump: it requires some strength to pump out the foam and so you can't really pump it out while holding it in the air; you need to have it stable on the sink/counter.

Lots of people have reviewed this wash before, I bought it cos it's quite novel and I've never used an aerosol wash, so I just wanted to try it out. Then again, aerosol cans aren't good for the environment so I will not repurchase (it's not great enough for me to have that on my conscience, y'know?).

The scent of the foam is a very generic Biore scent that I can't describe, but that I was pretty disappointed in. It's not offensive in any way, just that it's a typical Japanese drugstore scent and I kind of expected a more luxurious scent. Then again, Airy Whip is quite inexpensive so I shouldn't have had such high expectations. The foam is really nice and dense and I feel that my skin is really soft after using it. However, I only use this as a morning wash as it isn't very good at cleansing thoroughly. I'd use it in the evening only if I've worn very little make-up that day, and I'd use it with my 3M Nexcare facial cleansing cloth for better cleansing. I like that this cleanser is quite mild and gentle but it might not be suitable for really dry-skinned people as it might leave dry skin slightly tight. Personally, it leaves my skin really soft but I have oily-combination skin.

Ingredients list in Englishhere, I'm not too sure how accurate it is as the ingredients list on the can is in Japanese.

Overall, I think this is just a rather gimmicky facial foam - the aerosol can made me want to try it out cos it looks cool, but honestly this is just a very basic, generic drugstore cleanser.

Rating:7/10

3 comments:

Valentine said...

The density of the foam looks pretty good! Sad to hear that it's mediocre though!

Kalmo said...

Thanks for the review. The foam face wash looks cool but sorry to hear it's more of a gimmick than effective product. Sorry to hear about the lousy pump too.

indonesiatooverseas said...

i’m glad to know that you care about environment and prefer to using “the green“ product.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails