Sunday, August 21, 2011

Review: Vichy Essentielles Repairing Hand Cream, Malaysia day trip and food photos

I'm crazy about hand cream - I have an obsession with washing my hands and thus they're always dry. My mum lent me this tube of Vichy Essentielles Repairing Hand Cream recently and I'm loving it! (Plus it has hot pink packaging, my favourite bimbotic colour! ^^)

I'm not sure how much it costs, but Vichy products are typically a wee bit on the expensive side. I like that this tube is small enough to bring with me everywhere. Plus, it's paraben free!

Ingredients:


It's a really rich and thick cream with a light, comforting and unobtrusive floral scent. (In comparison, Crabtree & Evelyn's Lavender and Rose hand creams are heavily scented.) The cream is not greasy at all and a little goes a long way! The texture of the cream is quite thick, kind of like Gold Bond hand cream (which also has a nice scent and is a more affordable alternative). I like how this cream is concentrated so I don't have to reapply too often (because some people comment about how vain I am when I reapply too frequently, lol), and while one 50ml tube seems quite tiny, it lasts me a long time as I don't use a lot as compared to other hand creams.

Rating: 9/10 (-1 cos it's pretty expensive)


--------
A couple of weeks ago I went to Johor Bahru, Malaysia for a day trip. It's been so long since I've been there! I went to Aeon mall at Bukit Indah which is super near Singapore and very convenient (just across the border). I liked how the mall is very organised - they have one row for food, one row for shoes, one row for hairdressers and salons... There's Jusco (department store) which didn't impress me, and Tesco (supermarket) which is slightly better cos I found so many interesting and weird skincare brands, like Likas papaya soap (which I read about online)! And I had PappaRoti, the super yummy coffee buns which used to be available in Singapore but went bust. They have shops in places like Australia and Korea though! Let the pictures do the talking -


Tea, cheesecake and omelette for brekkie




Stonegrill steak for lunch - huge portion


Fruttare ice pops! Really yummy like sorbet with real frozen fruit inside - I do think the strawberry one tastes like Haagen Dazs strawberry sorbet. Good alternative and cheap too!

Dinner @ New Hong Kong Chinese restaurant - fried tofu, spinach with 3 eggs, butter prawns, yam paste pork ribs and kungfu tea






Shopping wasn't great cos I try not to buy poor quality things no matter how cheap they are, you know what I mean? I found nice, good quality shorts at Tesco for S$10 (~US$7) but the salesperson was seriously careless (and so were we) cos he charged us twice for the same pair of shorts, and he forgot to remove the plastic ink-filled anti-theft device. Tsk. I found a cute floral dress in the juniors section that looks like something I saw on Urban Outfitters, but it was quite lousy in quality with no lining so I didn't purchase it.


All in all, I think JB is an ok place to go shopping, I think I might consider going there once every 6 months to stock up on contact lens solution, eyedrops and some other beauty items which are slightly cheaper than in Singapore. The immigration officers in Malaysia were really friendly when we had to do our biometric records for the first time. (There was some fiasco over the immigration officers mistreating some Singaporeans the other time, but I think it was the Singaporeans' faults too cos they were kinda careless and just drove through immigration without stopping when they saw there wasn't an officer at their booth. -_-U) Quality of food and apparel is not that great though, that's why most of the stuff I buy are from the pharmacy from international brands, which are ok. They have great coffee buns and durian puffs though!! :D And some of Tesco's house-brand apparel items are quite nice, they remind me of Target's!

And here's some more food photos from the past month-
Yuan yang (coffee and milk tea mix) and yuzu tea

Cheese baked rice from Kim Gary (some Hong Kong cafe)


Chocolate cake from Cedele for tea break in office - not that great though it's pretty

Cheesecake from Starbucks for tea break in office
Let me end off with a card an intern gave me-


When I was in a bad mood, I thought the quote was so depressing - it's like no matter how hard you chase after it, happiness is unattainable. But when I was in a better mood, I looked at it from a different perspective - happiness is everywhere depending on how you look at it. Hmm. I am way too mood-swingy to be happy all the time though. Lol.

1 comment:

Kalmo said...

Thanks for the review. I love hand cream too because I wash my hands all the time. We have Vichy here but not that hand cream yet.

Aw it's cool that you took a trip. All the food looks yummy but sorry to hear the quality is not so good.

Aw sorry to hear about the bad moods, hope you feel better. I like the quote.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails