Sunday, December 4, 2011

Review: Mentholatum Acnes Medicated Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask

I purchased this Mentholatum Acnes medicated tea tree oil clay mask a while ago at the drugstore because it seemed really cheap (I think about S$6?), but as I used it I realised the tube is really light and only contains 50g which might last me at most 10 uses, so it's actually not as affordable as it seems.  
The texture is really creamy, not like a true mud mask. This mask will not dry up on your face totally, it is more like a creamy clay mask that you wipe off after 10 minutes. It contains tea tree oil for anti-bacterial effects, kaolin clay for oil control and aloe vera for softness. It has a very strong scent of tea tree oil (which I like) and it spreads very easily. After 10 minutes, I wash it off with a damp washcloth and it leaves my skin smooth, moisturized and clean. It minimizes my pores somewhat and calms any zits down

While it provides a refreshing tingling mint feeling on my skin, it doesn't sting at all, so it's a relatively gentle mud mask, good for calming skin down on bad days. As it is not a drying kind of clay mask, it doesn't suck out all the oil and gunk in my pores, but that's ok. I like the balance between moisture and deep-cleansing that this mask provides.

Ingredients: Water, Butylene glycol, Bentonite, Kaolin, Glyerin, Triethylhexanoin, Titanium dioxide, Illite, Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, Phenoxyethanol, Xantham gum, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium glycyrrhizate, Water (and) butylene glycol (and) alcohol (and) aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Citric acid, Water (and) butylene glycol (and) PEG-60 almond glycerides (and) caprylyl glycol (and) glycerin (and) carbomer (and) nordihydroguaiaretic acid (and) oleanolic acid, Cl19140, Cl42090.

I have to note that I was quite surprised to enjoy this mask because I didn't really like using the Mentholatum Acnes creamy face wash (it seemed to leave a residue on my skin and didn't clean very well, plus I didn't like the scent.) I think this Tea Tree Oil Mud Mask is one of the stand-out products of the line.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails