Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Review: Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It

My favourite brand at Sephora has got to be Soap & Glory. I absolutely love the cute pink retro packaging with the quirky wordings, plus the products are not too outrageously priced. This tube of Scrub Your Nose In It is about S$17 (~US$13) for 125ml which is more expensive than drugstore but more affordable than counter brands... a pretty good balance.
And every time I read the descriptions on Soap & Glory products... I'm sold! They have all these old-school designs where they display all their crazy outrageously amazing claims with lots! Of! Exclamation! Marks!!! (I love exclamation marks too!) And it helps that their products are pretty amazing really. Let's look at Scrub Your Nose in it... It's a lovely scrub with tiny micro particles (kind of like a microdermabrasion scrub), but you can leave it on your face too, as a deep-cleansing mask, because it contains clay to suck up all your impurities. So it's a multi-tasking marvel!
You can see the scrub particles are really fine, which is great because it is gentle... yet the particles are dense and plentiful enough to feel properly scrubby! The mask is green with a pleasant light tingly mint feeling. The instructions say to use a pea-size, but I use twice the amount for a good clean. After cleansing, I used this scrub on a damp face, concentrating on the T-zone and other problematic areas, then I leave it on for a few more minutes to let the clay do its work, and rinse it off.

It leaves my skin super smooth and feeling really clean. My pores definitely look smaller after, and I like how this scrub mask is like a microdermabrasion and a mask (fantastic multitasker) which deep-cleans, yet also maintains moisture. Also, I love the scent and how it feels more natural than other microdermabrasion masks I've used (Estee Lauder Micro-D deep thermal refinisher) which feel more... chemical, somehow.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Kaolin, Solum diatomeae (Diatomaceous earth), Glycerin, Sodium cocoamphoacetate, Montmorillonite, Stearic acid, Myristic acid, Palmitic acid, Lauric acid, Vaccinium myrtillus fruit/leaf extract, Sodium chloride, Potassium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Salix nigra (Willow) bark extract, Xanthan gum, Methylparaben, Limonene, Ethylparaben, Citrus medica limonum (Lemon) peel extract, Citrus aurantium dulcis (Orange) flower extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium pyrophosphate, Butylphenyl methylpropional, Acer saccharum (Sugar maple) extract, Dipropylene glycol, CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Rating: 10/10

This is one of those products which make me feel happy to use it every day, even just to look at the packaging, and I feel like I'll never tire of it! I've actually purchased a few more Soap & Glory products, I'm definitely doing more reviews... their products are truly outstanding in my opinion. The only thing I wouldn't try though, is the fragrance. Their perfume bottles look really pretty, like Juicy Couture knock-offs, but the scent... is not my type, unfortunately. >_<

It feels weird blogging on a weeknight, but I missed my regular weekend post so I decided to just post this. I have such a backlog of stuff to review cos my skin was bad the past few weeks and I was so depressed, I couldn't wear too much make-up cos it just makes bad skin looks worse. Then I tried some new product and it really improved my skin. :) Will do some review on it soon after I ascertain its efficacy! Christmas is coming, falalala~ I'm excited!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails