Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review: Soap & Glory You Won't Believe Your Eyes Illuminating Under-eye Serum

Recently I've been going crazy over Soap & Glory. You Won't Believe Your Eyes is an illuminating under-eye serum that I bought recently because my regular Simple eye cream was running low and I've used and repurchased it so many times, I got kinda bored of it even though it was working fine for me. (I'm so fickle, I know...) I get my Simple eye cream at S$13 for 15ml which is super cheap, but You Won't Believe Your Eyes costs about S$26 (~US$20) at Sephora which is twice the price for the same amount of 15ml. It is still pretty affordable though if you compare it with other drugstore eye creams, for example, from L'oreal.
What's unique about You Won't Believe Your Eyes is that it comes with a tri-roller ball applicator and it really is illuminating. The tri-roller applicator feels really cool to the touch and feels really good going on in the mornings, when I'm so sleepy. Still, after rolling it on in upward motions, you need to pat it in evenly in order to blend the illuminating sheen evenly.
As you can see, when I roll it out, the cream comes out streaky... so it needs blending and patting on just like any other eye cream.
This is after light blending. My camera doesn't really capture it that well, but you can see it really is illuminating and glowy and really helps to fake the awake look! It's like a glowy sheen, kind of like an understated MAC Strobe Liquid or Smashbox Artificial Light luminizing lotion. Using this before under-eye concealer does make a subtle difference. And while the texture of this under-eye serum may not seem as moisturizing as a regular cream-type under-eye cream, it actually does help moisturize, smooth and firm the under-eye area really well.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Mica, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyacrylamide, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Juice, Polysilicone-11, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Phenoxyethanol, Nylon-12, Silica, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Laureth-7, Sodium PCA, Urea, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 40, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyquaternium-51, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trehalose, VP/Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Hydrolyzed Sesame Protein PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Tin Oxide, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Triacetin, Sodium Sulfite, Benzoic Acid.


Overall, I really love this under-eye serum, I love the glowy optical illusion of awakeness it gives. However, I only use this in the day (not night) because nobody's gonna see the glowiness at night anyway and I don't want the additional glowy stuff at night (it seems too make-up-ish, not like actual skincare). Plus, the instructions say you can reapply over make-up if you want something glowy under your eyes, but I wouldn't recommend it because it's unsanitary.

Rating: 10/10
-----
Out of all the GWPs this Christmas season, the most unique and useful would be the Fancl 2012 calendar! It is so useful for anyone who has a desk in the office.
It has nice big boxes for you to scribble appointments in... and you can put it on your office desk and flip it to get different "status updates" so your colleagues will know when you're "Out for Lunch" or "On Leave" or "In a Meeting". Cool, right? And it comes with a sheet of stickers too with "Payday" and "Facial" etc... so useful!
Anyway here are a few random photos to end the post...
I saw these cute little birds (they have mohawks and they look like ninjas because of the black eye mask thingy they have!) at my friend's place. We visited her palatial mansion (no understatement at all!) and played Just Dance 1/2/3 on her Wii for 4 hours... so many calories burnt... my arms and legs ached for days after.
And just last night, I hosted a barbeque at my place and took a photo of this cute cat... doesn't it look like Puss in Boots from Shrek?! It's so adorable... It stays around the barbeque pits and is really fat from all the barbeque leftovers people feed it.

Christmas week is here! I'm so excited! :)))

2 comments:

Nic Nic said...

this sounds like a lovely product! love eye products with that roller ball thing haha

Kalmo said...

Thank you for your awesome comment on my latest blog post. :)

Man, I think my Target just got rid of the Soap and Glory brand. The product sounds great for opening up my sleepy eyes in the morning. Thanks for the review.

Aw that cat is so adorable!! I need a 2012 calendar. XD

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails