Sunday, January 8, 2012

FOTD: Suzy (Miss A) from Love Again MV

I happened to watch Miss A's music videos on Youtube and really loved Suzy's eyeliner in the Love Again MV. So I had some unexpected free time this weekend and tried to recreate it. It was really difficult because I hardly ever use liquid eyeliner.
Items used:
- Maybelline Hypersharp Liner
- L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Sahara Treasure
- Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara in Very Black
- Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Undressed
- Random loose powder
I used 2 new things I purchased from Malaysia - Maybelline Hypersharp liner and Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Underdressed.
The Maybelline Hyperliner is really lovely with a really fine tip (0.05mm) and it's very easy to control, you can draw a really precise line with it. It is one of those liquid liners you have to shake to get better pigmentation, but you can't shake too hard or it'll cause leakage. This has better pigmentation (much darker) than K-Palette "1-day Tattoo" eyeliner which isn't black enough and probably won't work well for this FOTD with graphic eyeliner style. I like this liquid eyeliner a lot - it's very waterproof and budgeproof.

Rating: 9/10 (-1 for pigmentation)
I purchased the Rimmel Lasting Finish in Undressed in Malaysia for the equivalent of S$10 or ~US$7, it's super cheap, I'm not even sure if it's available in Singapore. I like it a lot, it's a matte finish, very natural and lasts a long time, but it emphasises lines a little, so a good lipbalm is a pre-requisite. It's not drying for a matte lipstick though, so it's good! I love the colour too.

Rating: 8/10

Oh and I forgot to mention... I won a contest at Jacqueline's blog and got this lovely pair of origami crane earrings from Tinkerbelle Creations! It's so pretty, I'm going to wear it for Chinese New Year.
Anyway, since this FOTD was inspired by Miss A, I'd just like to share my love of Korean Kpop for a while! Unlike most fangirls, I don't really like the Korean boybands (ok I'll ogle at some cute ones but I'm not like, totally crazy over them or anything, and I can't remember their names)... my favourite mainstream Kpop bands are actually Miss A and 2NE1, because they're all about girl power! Some of my favourites:

Bad Girl Good Girl (Miss A)


I'm the Best (2NE1)


Aren't they good? I like them way better than fluffy girl bands like Girl's Generation. They dance better and they have more individuality.

Anyway, I'll be doing a giveaway soon! Keep a look-out for it :)

5 comments:

Nic Nic said...

you did a great job with the liner! Highly recommend the heroine make one if you're looking for a real black eyeliner!

Geli said...

i never really do cat-eye (coz i can't get it right when i do it on myself) so I might give this liner a try.
and i'm loving that shade of lippie :D

Kalmo said...

OMG I love Miss A and 2NE1, I agree they are better than GG and probably sing/dance better. GG is really pretty and charismatic though lol.

Your skin looks fantastic btw. You did a great job duping Suzy's look. Rimmel's Underdressed looks so pretty and loving the price. :)

Jacqueline said...

Hi Fiona, thanks for the mention! The earrings look lovely on you! I love the eye liner look. Beautiful!

masterofboots said...

the eyes are very well drawn. I am still trying to learn to use liquid eye liners :P tricky, but more intense

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails