Monday, February 27, 2012

Review: Himalaya Herbals Under Eye Cream

I've had this eye cream for a while, I purchased it because apparently it has won awards from some magazine (Singapore Women's Weekly or Elle, I can't remember which). Also, I've always been crazy about 'natural' products, and this one claims to contain a mix of herbs (sounds natural huh) that help to lighten dark circles by 80% and fine lines by 28% in 4 weeks! -Insert bimbotic 'Omg!' here- I purchased this for about SGD19 for a 25ml tube, pretty reasonably priced for a drugstore eye cream.
What I found when I opened the box - a split nozzle. So it kind of irritated me and it all started going downhill from there. 
The cream has a thick, slightly sticky/tacky consistency. It is light beige in colour which, when blended into the eye area, helps to make the eye area appear just the slightest bit brighter. Honestly, I don't really like the consistency - it is too thick to blend and I feel like it sits on my skin, like it's not being absorbed. Plus, I have a feeling it contributed to milia seeds on my undereye area. Also, though it is thick and creamy, I don't think it feels moisturizing enough.

What good things do I have to say about it? It's fragrance free and safe for contact lens wearers. That's pretty much all. Let me continue pointing out the bad in the ingredients list - mineral oil might clog pores; petrolatum is occlusive, and while it creates a barrier to keep moisture in, it doesn't allow moisture to be absorbed from the atmosphere; cetearyl alcohol and paraffin are comedogenic, and imidazolidinyl urea irritates skin.

Ingredients: Bergenia ligulata, cipadessa baccifera, wheat germ oil, aqua, propylene glycol, mineral oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, paraffin, cetyl alcohol, steareth 2, glyceryl stearate, steareth 21, petrolatum, cetearyl alcohol, carbomer, triethanolamine, xantham gum, tocopherol acetate, methylparaben, propyl paraben, disodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea

I have noticed Himalaya Herbals is a pretty affordable brand, but the 'Herbals' in its name does not make it a natural product. I will be staying away from this brand in the future, after this bad experience. :(

Rating: fail

3 comments:

lyne said...

ack! I bought this previously and my nozzle had a crack in it too! quite amazed at how it won some prize when it did pretty much nothing:(

Fiona Star said...

Gosh I guess our tubes were manufactured in the same batch! Pity it didn't work! :(

Brig said...

Thanks so much for this review, was going to buy this but was concerned about ingredients not being natural so glad I've read this first!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails