Monday, February 13, 2012

Review: Neutrogena Hydroboost Night Concentrate

The Neutrogena Hydroboost Night Concentrate is a new product that came out recently and I had to try it after falling in love with the other Hydroboost moisturizers. It's supposed to be a sleeping pack/mask, and the instructions say to massage over face after moisturizer, but it's really moisturizing enough to use on its own!
The texture is like the Hydroboost Water Gel, except a wee bit lighter in texture and hence more spreadable. It has little green beads in it which melt onto your skin, but I don't actually know what they do. Honestly, if you own the Hydroboost Water Gel and you want to save some money, you can skip this, but this is really nice to have too, it makes me wake up with glowing, hydrated skin. Compared to the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack, this is more affordable and more moisturizing. Laneige feels more watery and light as compared to Neutrogena Night Concentrate, and I feel the Night Concentrate definitely moisturizes better.

I definitely believe in the 'progressive release system' Neutrogena boasts, because I can feel the moisture lasts in my skin. From the description on the box, it contains hyaluronic acid, olive extract and ionic mineral complex that helps enhance skin translucency, firms up skin and reduces fine lines. I definitely love the Neutrogena Hydroboost line - it smells good, hydrates fantastically well, doesn't break me out, is affordable, and leaves my skin with a healthy glow. And when I'm lazy, reach home really late and have no time to apply different layers of serums/moisturizers, I just slap on the Night Concentrate (even around my eyes) and go to bed, and I wake up looking much better.

Ingredients: Water, glycerin, dimethicone, cetearyl olivate, polyacrylamide, sorbitan olivate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethiconol, ethylhexylglycerin, synthetic beeswax, c13-14 isoparaffin, benzyl alcohol, butylene glycol, chlorphenesin, trehalose, dimethicone crosspolymer, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, laureth-7, mannitol, carbomer, sodium hyaluronate, microcrystalline cellulose, c12-14 pareth-12, sodium hydroxide, fragrance, Cl77289, portulaca oleracea extract, tocopheryl acetate, magnesium aspartate, zinc gluconate, copper gluconate, Cl 42090

I do notice that there are lots of -cones in there that lend the Night Concentrate its slippery, spreadable texture, and helps form a moisturizing barrier on the skin, which is fantastic if you have super dry skin where your skin barrier has been compromised. However I do know some people who are sensitive to silicones, so you might want to skip it if you're one of them.

Rating: 10/10

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for comparing to the other product! cant wait to try this!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the review and comparing it to the laniege (sp?) product! cant wait to try this!

Kezia said...

Hi,
Would this product e suitable for use during the day too? If you had to choose between the night concentrate and the water gel, which one would you pick? thanks

Fiona Star said...

Hi Kezia, this product is not suitable for day. If I were to buy only 1 product that can be used for both night and day, I would choose the water gel.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails