Sunday, March 25, 2012

Review: Red Heart Sweet Cherry Soap from Pelican

For a couple of years now I've been crazy about soap. I've stopped using regular shower gels and switched to a variety of scented bar soaps. The exception is EO shower gels which contain essential oils and smell divine. The latest soap bar I got my hands on is this cute soap from the Japanese soap brand Pelican. I love the packaging!
It costs about S$8 (or 294 yen), which is roughly the price of one bar of regular Crabtree & Evelyn soap. (I purchased it from the Japanese drugstore section of BHG Bugis.) It's a "rich moist whip soap" which means it lathers easily into a rich foam and is quite moisturizing, though not as moisturizing as Chagrin Valley soaps. It rinses cleanly with no tight feeling. The one thing I love is the amazing fragrance - lightly floral, fruity, fresh and sweet, like juicy cherries and honey. Apparently the fragrance was formulated in Grasse, France (which is famous for its perfumes) - it is indeed a very uplifting, happy, cheerful and luxurious fragrance. Definite plus!
I love the cute heart shape too. With the cute packaging, it would make a nice little gift for friends, along with the Red Heart Sweet Cherry hand cream from the same line. I didn't purchase the hand cream, but if it has the same amazing fragrance as the soap, I'm definitely getting it!

All in all... a lovely soap with outstanding fragrance. The fragrance doesn't linger though. I wish they would make a body mist using the same scent!

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails