Sunday, May 13, 2012

Review: L'oreal Mythic Oil and Earrings Organizer!

Well hello! I just dyed my hair again a couple of weeks ago and purchased a bottle of L'oreal Mythic Oil at the hair salon, cos the hairdresser applied this to my hair after treatment and it felt so silky soft! (Plus I read about it in magazines and had huge lemmings to buy it already, so I was ready to whip out my wallet when the hairdresser promoted it to me, oops. Terrible.)
I paid S$42 for a 125ml bottle which is expensive for cheap little me, but I think it'll last me more than a year. I've used it daily for 2 weeks, it's like I haven't used it at all. I have really thick hair that just touches my shoulders, I use just half a pump and it's enough to smooth out my hair. It smells a little bit like Johnson's Baby Shampoo, a little floral and very nice.
Usually I apply it to my freshly washed, towel-dried hair before blowdrying. I don't like applying to dry hair, I find it distributes and absorbs better in damp hair. However, while regular hair oils/ hair serums make my hair look a little greasy and clumpy when applied to dry hair, Mythic Oil applies well to dry hair too, so if you haven't washed your hair but still wanna smooth it out, you could rub a few drops sparingly through the hair-ends and still look good.

Ingredients:
Before using Mythic Oil, my hair was really dry and damaged because I dye it frequently and use a blowdryer every night, without heat protectant or anything! Ok, I still don't use heat protectant, but now I apply Mythic Oil before blowdrying and my hair is so much better. (Pardon the flyaways, I didn't smooth them out ^^; but before using Mythic Oil my hair was so. Much. Worse.)
I'm giving it 9/10 cos I think you can find hair oils of similar quality but lower price at the drugstore. The good thing about Mythic Oil is that it's not greasy, doesn't make your hair look greasy even when you apply a lot, and smells wonderful!

Rating: 9/10
--------
Anyway, I'd just like to share a little something I made yesterday - an organizer for earrings!
Isn't it pretty? I made it using a photoframe, a Marc Jacobs cardboard cut-out from an old mook, and BBQ net. Notice the pink feather earrings - I bought them from H&M cos they're so bimbotically me, then I went home and tried them on and started laughing because they tickle me, and I'm super ticklish! So I haven't worn them out yet. :P
So this is one of my closet doors! I neatened it up a lot. One of my resolutions this year is to organize, purge and de-clutter my place! It really gives me more peace of mind. I hope to make more progress and will take more photos as things develop - seriously I feel so happy when stuff is organized and neat. It takes so much stress away!

The thing about this earring organizer though, is that it only works for hook earrings, and not earrings with posts. I'm hoping to go to Art Friend one weekend to grab canvas mesh and make a version for my post earrings. :) Till next time~

1 comment:

T90Kate said...

L’Oreal Mythic Oil is my holy grail product. I use it almost every day especially when blowdrying my hair. I think Hairtrade is the cheapest place you can get it at the moment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails