Monday, August 20, 2012

Essence "You Belong To Me"

About a month ago, I noticed the drugstore near my house had a new display of Essence cosmetics. Essence cosmetics are really affordable, so I grabbed a bunch of nail polishes (though I hardly use nail polish). They cost less than $3! (Albeit for a tiny bottle.) This shade is called "You Belong To Me", which is one of my favourite songs by Carla Bruni and Bob Dylan. (I like Carla Bruni... and I like Bob Dylan, but only when someone else is singing it, like Adele... hehhh.)
The photos above are with 2 coats of Essence, and 1 coat of Fancl Jelly Nail Coat. I quite like this polish, it is a very peaceful Tiffany blue kind of colour. I like this better than China Glaze's For Audrey, which I had taken a photo of before here, because this is less vivid and a bit more muted, so it's a bit more subtle... as subtle as a robin's egg blue can be. :P The formula of the polish is quite thick - it's easy to apply and spreads well, and it's opaque in 2 coats... but because it's thick, it bubbles easily. It might go on smooth, but in the process of drying, the bubbles just appear. :(
I really really love this colour... I don't do my nails often but I'm considering stocking up on this colour since the bottle is so tiny... In a nutshell, amazing colour at a great price, except for the tendency to bubble when drying.

Rating: 9/10

--------
Anyway, here's the song "You Belong To Me" by Carla Bruni. Her smoker's voice doesn't appeal to some people, but I like it. I know some people think this song sounds super boring, but I like how peaceful it sounds.

See the pyramids a long the Nile
Watch the sun rise on a tropic isle
Just remember darling all the while
You belong to me

See the market place in old Algiers
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember 'til your dream appears
You belong to me

I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome, too
And blue

Fly the ocean in a silver plane
See the jungle when its wet with rain
Just remember till you're home again
You belong to me

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails