Sunday, May 19, 2013

Review: B.Liv Got Oil Relief and Quench Me

I am currently overseas on a work trip and this is the skincare I brought with me:
 I absolutely adore B.Liv products and had great results with Got Me Covered sunscreen + foundation and Off With Those Heads blackhead gel. I got the Got Oil Relief (oil control toner) as a gift-with-purchase a while ago, and bought the Quench Me (moisturizing gel) recently because my sister loved it and recommended it to me. I've been using these 3 products together for 2 weeks now and I'm loving it!

Got Oil Relief
Got Oil Relief is an oil-control toner in a spray and cost S$27.95 for a 130ml bottle. It helps very much to normalize my skin and control oil, but I will not repurchase it because I personally don't like spray toners because I prefer using cotton pads to wipe away any residue from my face and I also felt this was rather pricey as 130ml is a pretty small amount for the price you pay. If you have oily skin and like spray toners, go for it! The spray mechanism is well made, the spray is light and fine and sprays my face evenly and the toner feels soothing and balances my oily skin.

Ingredients: Purified water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Chamomile Flower Extract, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Oligopeptide-44

Rating: 9/10
Quench Me 
Quench Me is a very light moisturizing gel that is a very light blue in colour. It's supposed to be for dry skin, but it definitely works for oily, acne-prone skin as well, because it is very light. It really helps to keep my skin feeling dewy and moisturized in air-conditioned environments, and it doesn't make my face any oilier than it is. The watery gel texture spreads easily over my face and cuts down skincare application time in the morning! I have a feeling it just might not be hydrating enough for really dry environments, like winter weather. 

I can't remember the price, but I believe it is around S$40 for 45ml. Like all B.Liv products, it comes in a sanitary airless pump bottle. I had some trouble with the airless pump for Quench Me - I pumped a million times but the product wouldn't come out, then I turned the bottle upside down for a night, and the next day, it worked! I think it's due to the air trapped in the bottle, so when I turned it upside-down, the product flowed down and minimized the air. 

I love this product and the only problem I had with it was that when I spread it on my face, sometimes it feels like the product rubs off on my face in tiny flakes. This is something I notice with many hyaluronic acid serums like Aquajuju. This may annoy some people, but I can live with it. 

Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Sodium PCA, Sweet Marjoram (Origanum majorana) Extract, Bearberry (Arctostasphylos uva ursi) Extract, C12-18 Alkyl Glucoside, Grape Seed (Vitis vinifera) Extract, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Saxifrage (Saxifrage ciliatae) Extract, Mulberry Bark (Morus alba) Root Extract, Paraffinum Liquidum, Silk Protein (Hydrolyzed Silk), Maltitol, Lemon (Citrus medixa liminum) Fruit Extract, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearyl Alcohol, Burnet (Poterium officinale) Root Extract, Methylparaben, Prezatide Copper Acetate, Allantoin, Propylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Fragrance.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails