Saturday, May 11, 2013

Review: Hada Labo Tamagohada AHA/BHA Exfoliating Face Wash Foam

Here's another facial cleanser that I just finished using up. I remember I bought this Hada Labo Tamagohada AHA/BHA Exfoliating Face Wash Foam (phew, long name) at a discount for $12.90. It comes in a 160ml bottle, filled with the face wash liquid, and a pump produces lots of luxurious foam. I love the pretty blue bottle. Hada Labo markets itself as a simple but effective skincare line (which is slightly pricier than regular drugstore lines like Biore), and I find its products are all of very good quality. 
I have a good impression of the Hada Labo brand, because I had a good experience with one of its other face washes. I just realized I haven't posted a review of it, but I'll put it on my to-blog list! This face wash is no exception. "Tamagohada" means "egg face" - the face wash is supposed to leave your face as smooth as a hard-boiled egg. The foam feels really luxurious and gives a gentle cleanse because it "cushions" the face:
I usually use a generous 2 pumps for each cleanse. I managed to finish the bottle within a month by using 2 pumps twice a day, which is faster than I use other cleansers. I find such liquid cleansers less value-for-money because the cleansing solution includes a lot of water, while other gel/paste type cleansers are concentrated and we add water to work it into a foam. According to my logic, 160ml of a foaming cleanser might be only equal to maybe 80ml of regular gel cleanser. Of course, the selling point of foaming cleansers would be that the foam produced is finer and fluffier, which feels more gentle on the skin. 

I like this cleanser because it's really convenient, the foam feels really lovely on the skin and it does cleanse very well - I feel my skin becoming smoother over time. There is AHA/BHA, but it does not sting my skin at all - conversely, it feels very gentle and the fluffy foam goes on like a dream. It does not give my face a tight feeling when I wash it off - my face is left really smooth and comfortable. My only gripe is that it's very, very foamy and I have to spend a longer time washing it off my face. The ingredients are as follows:
You need to use sunscreen after, because of the AHA/BHA.

The plus: Foam is fluffy and feels like a dream. It leaves my face feeling smooth.
The minus: More expensive and per ml/ounce, doesn't last as long as other regular facial cleansers. The foam is a little too soapy/foamy and requires more time to rinse off. 

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails