Saturday, July 27, 2013

Manicure - Etude House Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nails in Mint Choco Chip

This is one nail polish I'm totally obsessed about! I first saw this Etude House Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nails in Mint Choco Chip (long delicious name) in a magazine in June, and went to 4 different Etude House stores, but they were all out of stock! And the Etude House salesgirls are not very helpful at all, they wouldn't help me check if any other stores had it in stock, or confirm if new stock would be coming in. So, in a fit of desperation, I entered a magazine contest and won this little baby! The retail price is only S$6.90 a bottle so it's a pretty small prize, but I was really happy cos this colour was so gorgeous, I had to have it!
This is 2 coats of Mint Choco Chip, followed by 2 coats of Majolica Majorca Glass Drop topcoat. The Etude House polish was a little gloopy and streaky, but 2 coats is ok. It's a little difficult to place the glitter though!
What I love about this polish is that it's exactly like its name - mint chocolate chip! When I wore it to work, my manager said 'your nails look like mint chocolate chip!' and I was like, 'that's the name of the polish!' My friends think it looked like I dripped mint chocolate ice-cream over my nails. Yummy! I love the milky pale pastel mint base, with the multicolored hexagonal glitter in navy, green, blue and in different sizes - very complex and unique! I dare you to find a dupe of this!
I think Etude House is all sold out... not sure if this is still available in Korea, so I will treasure my little prize! That said, this polish lasted me all of 3 days before it started chipping. My experience with all Etude House polishes is that though they may be unique, the quality of the polish itself isn't very good, so don't expect your manicure to last the week! However, it is very reasonably priced, and for the uniqueness of the polish, I am willing to overlook how easily it chips. 

Warning: This polish isn't very office appropriate if you work in a strict, hoity-toity corporate environment. I think my big boss got a bit of a shock at my nails. Teehee. :P

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails