Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014 Skincare Regime

I'm back! Been away from blogging for months as I was busy juggling work and personal activities (I started cooking every weekend, it's fun but exhausting). 

Anyway, I'm back because I wanted to record my new skincare regime which I've been following for a month now. Prior to that, my skin was a mess - cystic acne sometimes and many clogged pores. I tried taking 25 mg of zinc gluconate daily, but it just made me feel very tired and it actually delayed my period. I guess zinc doesn't work for everyone. 

A few months back, I started reading Neiman's Idealist and No More Dirty Looks, which focus on clean/green skincare. So during last year's Black Friday sales, I bought a whole bunch of new skincare (which I researched very carefully beforehand). Here are my regimes - I tried it out in Singapore (hot and humid summer weather) and Hong Kong (winter - cold and dry). 
Summer
Cleanser: YÜLI Halcyon
Toner: Simple Soothing Facial Toner (applied with a cotton pad to eliminate any remaining residue)
Mist: SukiFace Concentrated Balancing Toner (provides a base of salicylic acid to declog my skin)
Treatment: Now Organic Essential Tea Tree Oil (I do a mixture of 2 drops essential oil to 8 drops of Simple toner, and apply it to areas of breakouts on my face)
Serum: YÜLI M.E. Skin Fuel (for day), YÜLI Cell Perfecto PM (for night)
Winter - Day
Cleanser: Physiogel Cleanser
Toner: Simple Soothing Facial Toner (applied with a cotton pad to eliminate any remaining residue)
Treatment: Now Organic Essential Tea Tree Oil (I do a mixture of 2 drops essential oil to 8 drops of Simple toner, and apply it to areas of breakouts on my face)
Serum: YÜLI M.E. Skin Fuel
Moisturizer: SukiFace Balancing Day Lotion OR DrGL Restore Gel Mask (thin layer)
Winter - Night
Cleanser: YÜLI Halcyon
Toner: Simple Soothing Facial Toner (applied with a cotton pad to eliminate any remaining residue)
Treatment: Now Organic Essential Tea Tree Oil (I do a mixture of 2 drops essential oil to 8 drops of Simple toner, and apply it to areas of breakouts on my face)
Serum: YÜLI Cell Perfecto PM (for night)
Moisturizer: DrGL Restore Gel Mask

My skin's oil production has really become more normalized after this regime and I don't get cystic acne now. Over the next few months I will update this post with links to the detailed review of these products! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails