Sunday, February 16, 2014

Review: Suki Concentrated Balancing Toner

Initially, I wanted to purchase the Suki Bio-active Purifying Face Serum (a serum for oily, congested skin) but at US$82.95 for 15ml, it was wayyyy too expensive. The second ingredient in the Suki Bio-active Purifying Face Serum was white willow bark extract (salicylic acid), so I decided to look for something else that has a high concentration of natural salicylic acid, to unclog my pores. White willow bark extract (salicylic acid) is the 4th on the list for Suki Concentrated Balancing Toner, and it was more affordable at US$32.95 for 120ml, so I decided to give it a try. 

It comes in a heavy glass spray bottle - the spray pump dispenses just the right amount of mist, very nicely done. The toner has a light, refreshing citrus-floral scent and it feels very soothing on my skin. It provides a calming and healing base for oily, acne-prone skin before moisturizer is applied. This definitely helped in making my skin less inflamed. 

How I use it - I go over my face with Simple toner on a cotton pad, then I follow up with a spritz of Suki Concentrated Balancing Toner all over. Then I apply tea tree oil to my break-out-prone areas and finish with facial oil.

The only con is that the glass bottle is very travel-unfriendly. I didn't pack this along with me to Hong Kong and I broke out a little bit then. 

Ingredients: rosa damascena flower distillate, lavender distillate (alcohol), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, salix alba (white willow salicins) bark extract, anthemis nobilis flower oil, aloe barbadensis leaf, phospholipids (vitamin c), melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, ascophyllum nodosum extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, matricaria recutita (chamomilla) flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, *aroma/fragrance, citral, linalool

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails