Sunday, March 16, 2014

100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream Review

I have been trying to switch to natural products since about half a year ago, and was searching for a good eye cream because my undereye area was just... so dry! I searched MakeupAlley for a good, natural eye cream and chanced upon 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream. It comes in 2 sizes - 1oz (30ml) squeeze pump tube and 0.5oz (15ml) tube. I decided to get the smaller tube at USD11, because the packaging is more convenient and most of the eye creams I used previously were also just 15ml but lasted me a long time! 
I've been using this for almost 4 months and am almost finished with the tube. It smells delicious - like sweet vanilla coffee! The texture is a little creamy, whipped and buttery. It is a little bit oily for daytime and I feel like my undereye concealer (Cle de Peau) doesn't stay too well on top of this eye cream. However, it feels pretty moisturizing.
The website states that it's clinically proven to de-puff and brighten dark circles, lessen lines and wrinkles, and makes you look more refreshed and awake. Well, after 4 months of use, I don't really notice my eyes getting brighter (I have serious dark circles - the brown type). But I do notice my undereye area getting smoother. Also, due to my deep double eyelids and my tendency to eye-smile, I get crow's feet when I smile! :( But recently, my sister mentioned that she doesn't notice them on me anymore! So perhaps this eye cream helped a little in that aspect. :) It's pretty inexpensive so I might repurchase it again. The only thing holding me back is that because of the natural formulation, it's a little too oily/heavy for day use. 

And just a tip - I would definitely purchase the smaller 0.5oz tube over the larger 1.0oz squeeze-pump tube. The shelf life is 6 months, and the small tube lasted me 4 months, so I wouldn't be able to finish the large tube within 6 months. 

Ingredients: Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Rose Hydrosol, Organic Rosehip Oil, Organic Green Coffee, Vitamin E (tocopherol), Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbate), Extracts of: Coffee Cherry, Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme, Goldenseal, Vanilla Absolute, Candelilla Wax

Rating: 8/10

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Congratulations, I've nominated you for A Liebster Award! Feel free to view my newest blog post so you can display the award on your blog and answer some fun questions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails