Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Review: Suki Balancing Day Lotion

My sister passed me a sample of Suki Balancing Day Lotion a couple of months ago. Using it alone, I noticed that it really helps to control oil and keep my face matte during the day! (It doesn't really give a matte finish per se; I still need to follow up with loose powder, but it keeps my skin matte under the loose powder and prevents oil breakthrough.) So I purchased the full-sized bottle. It's a white, runny lotion with a heavenly floral scent that evokes ~luxury~. The beeswax gives it a bit of slip but it feels a wee bit heavy on my skin. 
After using it for a while (before starting on YULI), I noticed that it doesn't really moisturize very well - it would leave my skin dry at the end of the day, after working in an air-conditioned office. When in Hong Kong (winter), I tried layering it on top of YULI's M.E. Skin Fuel during the day, but it felt a little too heavy for me. 

I think this lotion would work better for oily skintypes, and I would use it in Singapore (summer weather), if I wasn't in air-conditioning (like maybe on a weekend). I realise I haven't said anything really good about the Balancing Day Lotion, but it keeps my face matte for a long time and that is exceptional! If you have an oily complexion - give it a try! Maybe try layering a hyaluronic acid serum underneath it? 

It contains willow bark extract (salicylic acid) and natural retinol, so it's good for oily, acne-prone skin!

Ingredients: (rosa centifiolia distillate), alcohol (sugar cane denatured with lavender), cera alba (beeswax), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, rosa centifolia (rose) flower distillate, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, helianthus anuus (sunflower) seed oil, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, cetearyl (coconut) alcohol, anthemis nobilis (roman chamomille) flower oil, acacia (arabic gum), glycerin, vigna acontifolia (moth bean-vitamin a) seed extract, sodium citrate, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, corylus avellana (hazelnut) seed oil, salix alba (willow) bark extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea) seed butter, tocopherol (vitamin e), calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf, squalane & chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower/leaf extract, echinacea purpurea (echinacea) flower extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, matricaria chamomilla (german chamomile) flower oil, lecithin, xanthan gum, *aroma/fragrance, linalool, citronellol, geraniol, citral, eugenol, farnesol

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails