Sunday, March 30, 2014

Review: YÜLI Cellular Lip Conditioner

I got the YÜLI Cellular Lip Conditioner free with my order during the Black Friday promotional period. It's a lip serum in a glass tube with a rollerball applicator and includes ingredients such as avocado oil, camelina oil, sea buckthorn oil, ginger lily and supercritical extract of rosehip. They're all food-grade ingredients which makes sense for a lip treatment that you're likely to ingest!
I'm not too crazy about the rollerball applicator - I have to make sure that my lips are really clean before using it, so that dead skin cells or anything on my lips doesn't roll back into the bottle. I brought it along for my Hong Kong trip and used it as a night treatment, but the air was really dry so I feel like I still need to layer a soft lip balm (the kind that comes in a tub) over it. The serum smells a little herbal-y and feels light but moisturizing. The silky texture of the serum is really addictive. 
Also, a word of advice - since it's a rollerball applicator with no proper stopper, the serum is prone to leak a little due to air pressure changes if you pack it in your carry-on. 

Ingredients: R.communis (Castor) oil*, S.chinensis (Jojoba)oil*, P. americana (Avocado) oil*, R. rubiginosa (Rosehip) seed oil*,C. sativa (Camelina) oil*, Supercritical Extract Blend (P. granatum (Pomegranate) seed*, R. rubiginosa (Rosehip) seed*, H.rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) seed and berry*, V.planifolia (Vanilla)* and H.spicatum (Ginger Lily)^^), Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Non-GMO

Would I purchase it again? At US$26 a tube, I have to consider it carefully! I like the feel of the serum (it feels like it sinks in better) but it really wasn't enough alone in winter. I still have to layer another balm on top of it. However, it does soothe cracked lips and it is a worthy splurge! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails