Sunday, April 20, 2014

Review: 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Lip & Cheek Stain (Cherry)

I have very pale lips so I rely on lipstains to make myself look alive. Usually I use The Body Shop's Lip and Cheek Stain for a natural-looking tint, but recently I've had the urge to overhaul my make-up and skincare collection to natural products. Furthermore, we all know that lip products are easily ingested and I'd rather ingest something natural. When I saw the 100% Pure Lip & Cheek Stain while blog-surfing online, I had to get it.
From the website:
100% natural, 100% vegan, gluten free
long lasting, water resistant formula
colored from fruit and vegetable pigments
The formula is not as runny-liquid as The Body Shop's. Instead, it is more of a gel. I accidentally tasted it and it's terribly bitter! -gag- The colour is a pigmented red and quite pretty. It goes on evenly, feels comfortable and is not as drying as The Body Shop's liptint, and on my lips, the stain lasts till lunchtime. I quite like it, but I prefer ModelCo's Lip Tint, which I will review next week!
Top: 100% Pure Lip & Cheek Stain. Botton: The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain
Top: 100% Pure Lip & Cheek Stain. Botton: The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain
As you can see, 100% Pure is more pigmented and gel-like than The Body Shop's Lip & Cheek Stain, which is less pigmented and more watery. Since 100% Pure is more gel-like, I would prefer not to use it on my cheeks (since I have oily, acne-prone skin). The Body Shop's stain blends more easily, since it's more watery, but lasting power is better than 100% Pure's because it really stains while 100% Pure's just kind of sits on top of the skin, since it's more of a gel. But - 100% Pure's is more moisturizing (thanks to sodium hyaluronate) while The Body Shop's can be a bit drying on the lips. 
I like the cardboard tube it comes in - I'm thinking I can probably use it to contain those bits and pieces when I'm travelling, but I haven't figured out what I can use it for exactly. Well it is cute and I'm just trying to find a reason to keep it.
Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Organic Aloe Juice)*, Vegetable Glycerin, Calendula Officinalis (Organic Calendula) Flower Extract*, Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Blueberry Skin) Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Juice Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Curcuma Longa (Organic Turmeric) Root Extract*, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Red Wine Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Flower Extract*, Vitis Vinifera (Organic Grape) Seed Extract*, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honey Suckle) Extract
* Certified Organic

I knocked off 2 points because the colour (red-based) is not as natural on me as a berry-based colour would be. Also, it isn't the most long lasting lip tint I've tried. Still, if you're looking to clean up your beauty and make-up regimen, the natural ingredients in this makes it worth a try!

Rating: 8/10

1 comment:

jun said...

thanks for sharing! i was looking for 100%'s lip % cheek stain reviews and this was helpful! =D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails