Saturday, April 5, 2014

Review: Fancl Liquid Foundation in 03 Light Ochre

By now, Fancl has officially closed all its stores in Singapore. It's pretty sad because I've used quite a lot of their products - Mild Cleansing Oil, Facial Washing Powder, 2-way foundation, loose powder, and their collagen supplement, Tense-Up. During their closing sales, I got a bottle of their Liquid Foundation in 03 Light Ochre, which is yellow-based and matches my MAC NC25 skintone pretty well. It retails on the Fancl.com website at US$23 for 22ml. It can last for a year unopened, and for 3 months once opened. It comes in a total of 5 shades, and the darkest shade would be about a MAC NC35 in my opinion. 
It comes in a no-frills, compact plastic bottle with a nozzle tip - I love foundations packaged like that, it's so convenient. It reminds me a little of Covermark's Essence Foundation Liquid, which I reviewed years ago here. It has a fluid texture (a little thicker than Covermark) and provides light-medium coverage with a semi-matte finish. The finish gives my skin a bit of a sheen, so it doesn't look as 99% real-skin as Covermark. I can wear Covermark without loose powder because it blends well and gives me 99% real skin, but I have to use loose powder over Fancl's liquid foundation to mattify the slight sheen to give more real-looking skin (I have oily skin, so maybe girls with dry skin won't have that problem). Oil control is so-so, it doesn't make me oily but it doesn't help keep me matte either. 
I like this foundation because it feels quite comfortable on my skin and doesn't make my skin feel dry after long hours of use. Staying power is ok when I use loose powder over it - it fades a little after an 8-hour work day (well, I have super oily skin). I like how it has no preservatives so it's supposed to be better for your skin, but I wouldn't be able to finish using the 22ml bottle in the 3 month use-by period. And another thing - I don't think it contains SPF, so if I use it in the day I have to layer a SPF underneath it. 

Ingredients: cyclomethicone, water, butylene glycol, alcohol, isopropyl isosterate, peg-9 dimethicone, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, polyglyceryl-2 triisosterate, panthenol, hydroxyproline, polyquaternium-61, sodium hyaluronate, hydroxyapatite, steraric acid, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer dimeticone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, mica, alumina, silica, aluminum hydroxide, dimethicone, methicone, iron oxides, acrylates crosspolymer, methyi. methacrylate crosspolymer, dea-c8-18 perfluoroalkylethyl phosphate, talc, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails