Saturday, May 3, 2014

Bioderma Sebium H2O vs Bioderma Crealine/Sensibio H2O

I previously reviewed Bioderma Sensibio here. During my last trip to Hong Kong, I found Bioderma Sebium H2O at SASA and it was really cheap - HKD128 for a 500ml bottle (which translates to about US$17), so I decided to try it, because it's supposed to be for oily skin, while Bioderma Crealine/Sensibio is for sensitive skin, and I wanted to see the difference. 

My conclusion? Stick with Bioderma Crealine/Sensibio. Bioderma Sebium H2O is fragranced and it stings worse than Bioderma Crealine when it gets into my eyes. In my previous Bioderma Sensibio review, I mentioned that it stings slightly when it gets into my eyes, but Bioderma Sebium stings even worse. They both remove light make-up (excludes waterproof mascara) equally well. 
Bioderma Sebium H2O ingredients: water (aqua), peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, sodium citrate , zinc gluconate, copper sulfate, ginkgo biloba extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnose, fructooligosaccharides, propylene glycol, citric acid, disodium edta, cetrimonium bromide, fragrance (parfum).

Bioderma Crealine/Sensibio ingredients: water (aqua), peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, propylene glycol, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnose, fructooligosaccharides, disodium edta, cetrimonium bromide.

Comparing the ingredients, Crealine/Sensibio is unfragranced, has less ingredients and contains cucumber extract for soothing skin. Sebium H2O is fragranced and contains the following additional ingredients which I googled as follows:

- Sodium citrate: Used as a preservative, to control pH
- Zinc gluconate: Anti-inflammatory for acne
- Copper sulfate: According to Paula's Choice, "Effective for topical wound healing, but there is no research showing it has any impact when used in skin-care products." I suppose this also gives Sebium H2O its blue hue.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory for acne

Personally, I would stick with Bioderma Crealine/Sensibio as it feels gentler on my skin (and my eyes). I always follow up with a regular facial cleanser and my acne treatment (tea tree oil) so I don't think the other ingredients really make much of a difference for me. 

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails