Monday, May 12, 2014

Review: The Skin Pharmacy Natural Alcohol-Free Toner and Natural Deep Cleansing Mild Facial Wash

The Skin Pharmacy is a Singaporean brand that focuses on natural ingredients. I'd always wanted to try their products, so when there was a special promotion last year to purchase the Natural Deep Cleansing Mild Facial Wash and Natural Alcohol-Free Toner as a set for S$20, I purchased 2 sets immediately!

Natural Deep Cleansing Mild Facial Wash
The facial wash is a clear, very viscous, unscented gel that foams easily. The foam is very gentle on my skin - the main foaming agent is decyl glucoside which is a mild cleanser. The ingredients consist of mild foaming agents, moisturizing agents (glycerin, sodium PCA, sodium lactate), as well as amino acids that help to repair the skin. It's a nice, basic cleanser to have - very gentle on skin, lasts a long time (you only need a little bit because it foams very well) and leaves my skin soft and never stripped. 

However - the original price is S$29.90 for 150ml on the Skin Pharmacy website which I feel is pretty steep. If you're looking for a comparative, gentle cleanser for sensitive skin that is more affordable, I would recommend Eucerin Dermatoclean Refreshing Cleansing Gel, which I reviewed here previously. 

Natural Deep Cleansing Mild Facial Wash ingredients: aqua, decyl glucoside, sodium lauryl sarcosinate, naturally derived PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, glycerin, organic propanediol, naturally derived PEG-150 pentaerthrityl tetrastearate, lysine, arginine, threonine, proline, sodium PCA, sodium lactate, aspartic acid, PCA, glycine, grape fruit seed extract, citric acid

Rating: 9/10 (-1 because I think it's a little pricey - but the toner is even pricier)

Natural Alcohol-Free Toner
The toner is a clear liquid - it mainly consists of witch hazel, glycerin and aloe vera extract, as well as sodium PCA (moisture) and amino acids. It helps freshen, soften and prep my skin for subsequent skincare. I do like the feel of this toner more than my usual Simple Toner, because this toner feels a little bit more astringent and freshening on my skin. (I think the combination of witch hazel, glycerin and aloe vera used by Skin Pharmacy feels a little bit nicer than the combination of sorbitol and witch hazel used by Simple.) 

The toner comes in a tiny bottle - 115ml. I use toner very generously so that bottle didn't last me long. The original price is S$29.90 for 115ml which is really pricey in my opinion! If you're looking for a similar, no-frills gentle toner for sensitive skin that is more affordable, I would recommend Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner which I mentioned in my 2014 skincare regime. And if you like witch hazel and aloe vera... I have a review for Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel coming up soon (more affordable)!

Natural Alcohol-Free Toner ingredients: aqua, witch hazel, glycerin, aloe vera extract, sodium PCA, lysine, arginine, threonine, proline, sodium lactate, aspartic acid, PCA, glycine, grape fruit seed extract

Rating: 9/10 (-1 because I think it's kinda pricey)


Would I repurchase? I might repurchase the facial cleanser (but I would probably opt for Eucerin Dermatoclean since it's more affordable). The toner is nice but way too pricey for me because I use toner very generously. Unless there's another promotion... I probably wouldn't repurchase. But they're really very good formulations that I believe would be very good for all skintypes - just that I'm a bit of a tightwad and the other drugstore "dupes" are good enough for me. I have a few of the acne-care products from The Skin Pharmacy on my wishlist though - I'll want to try them out in the near future!

1 comment:

RaeAbigael said...

it looks nice :) thanks for sharing your thoughts on these :)))

xoxo, rae
http://www.raellarina.net/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails