Monday, July 13, 2015

Review: Suki Spa Bio-active Purifying Face Serum

Wow. I realized I haven't posted anything in almost 9 months. >_< Life's been hectic. So what made me decide to restart my blogging? I was organizing my skincare, cosmetics, and bath and body stuff, and I realized, I need to record my reviews of all these awesome products I've tried so that I don't forget them. So here I go with the first one - Suki Spa Bio-active Purifying Face Serum. 

"I formulate my concentrated & lightweight purifying serum to target blemishes, visibly control oil & bacteria production, purify pores & dramatically improve skin clarity. a sukispa® exclusive & part of any balancing regimen for problem skin, my bio-active serum shows blemish reduction action up to 80% in clinical tests & leaves skin fresh, luminous, renewed & clear." - from Suki's website.

This is a yellow, slightly opaque serum with a texture that is slightly thicker than Eminence Willow Bark Serum. It has a slightly soapy scent which I love! It absorbs very easily into my skin. It doesn't spread as easily as Eminence's. Because of this, I have a tendency to use more than required, so a bottle doesn't last me very long! (It's only 15ml, which is sooo tiny!) I really tried to use it sparingly - one tip I can give is that if you use a spray toner, use this serum on your damp face and it'll spread better using less product. I like the cute little dropper - usually droppers have a little ball tip but this one doesn't. Like most products in glass bottles, it does get hard to get the remaining serum at the bottom so I just use a Q-tip.
It costs US$82.95 for 15ml. I purchased this from Dermstore at 20% off but it's no longer available. I can still see it on Suki's website though, so I'm not sure whether it's been discontinued. I like this quite a lot. It gets absorbed into my skin easily and exfoliates my skin - when I use toner, I can see my dead skin cells coming off on the cotton pad and my skin feels a lot smoother. However, it is very very expensive. I will only purchase it when it's on sale, and even then I find it expensive. 

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Malus Domestica/Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Vanillosmopsis Erythropappa (Candeia), Echinacea Purpurea (Echinacea) Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Sodium Citrate (Citric Acid), Vigna Acontifolia (Moth Bean) Extract, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycerin (Vegetable)

Rating: 9/10 (-1 just cos it's too pricey, but I love it)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails