Friday, July 17, 2015

Review: YÜLI Panacea Elixir

I purchased this in the deluxe size - 100ml at USD 68. I've previously tried Yuli's M.E. Skin Fuel and Cell Perfecto PM, so I decided to try the elixir. Panacea is recommended for oily, blemish-prone skin.
It comes in a Miron-violet glass bottle. The one thing I think can be improved is the spray - it's a little tight and the mist comes out a little too concentrated in a small area. I prefer the spray pump from Suki's Concentrated Purifying Toner - the mist comes out finer and is distributed evenly over a larger surface area. 

Panacea Elixir has a really concentrated floral scent (probably from the helichrysum). It was a little too much for me at first, but the scent really grows on me - it's so natural and floral and soothing. The scent is so strong, it must be the essence of all those flowers bottled into the elixir. 

The elixir feels very soothing and calming, but it doesn't give any dramatic effects. For example, if I use SKII Facial Treatment Essence at night, I can feel a definite smoothness and softness to my skin the very next morning. With Panacea Elixir, I can't really tell the difference. For Yuli products though, I find they need to be used consistently for results to show. For example, when I was using Cell Perfecto PM, I couldn't tell how my skin improved on a day-to-day basis - it wasn't noticeable. But when I looked back at my photos a few months ago (before I started using the serum), I realized wow - the texture of my skin had improved tenfold, I no longer had so many clogged pores, and my scars had faded. So... it's hard to review Yuli products but I'm sure they make a difference. It always feels very soothing to spray Panacea on my face when it's sensitive and inflamed.

Generally, I use Panacea Elixir in the day and SKII Facial Treatment Essence at night. I definitely want to try their Cocoon Elixir and Metamorphic Elixir next - I'll probably stock up on trial sized bottles and bring the Metamorphic Elixir along when I go overseas again to dry temperate places. 
My current favourites!
Ingredients:D-Aloe barbadenis, R. damascena (rose) hydrolat*, H. italicum (helichrysum) hydrolat*, L. angustifolia(lavender) hydrolat*, H. virginiana (witch hazel) hydrolat^, H. italicum/L. angustifolia (helichrysum/lavender) hydrolat*, frequency enhanced water, vegetable glycerine, C. sativus (cucumber) extract, N. officinale(watercress) extract*, biodynamic fruit enzymes, trace minerals complex, colloidal silver

Rating: Love it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails