Monday, February 16, 2009

Review: Rosken Bio Serum (better than Bio Oil!)

rosken bio serum
You know, I keep complaining that the water in hall makes my skin so dry. Then I saw an ad for Bio Serum in a magazine and decided to try it, and now I'm totally in love with it! It's only S$15.90 for 50ml, and I read in a forum that it's way better than Bio Oil. In fact, the ingredients are pretty much the same, just that Bio Serum's better cos it's less greasy and doesn't cause breakouts.
rosken bio serum2

Comparison of ingredients:

Rosken Bio Serum contains Vitamins A and E, Chamomile oil, Lavender oil, Rosemary oil, Rosehip oil and PurCellin Oil. Bio Serum is hypo-allergenic and contains no preservatives.

Bio Oil contains Vitamins A and E, Calendula Oil, Chamomile oil, Lavender oil, Rosemary oil and PurCellin Oil. Bio Serum contains no preservatives. (However, the main ingredient in Bio Oil is paraffinum liquidum, which is a fancier term for mineral oil. I have nothing against cosmetic-grade mineral oil; it doesn't break me out, but I know lots of other people think otherwise.)

Rosken Bio Serum

Consistency: A transparent rose-coloured serum that feels thick (like cleansing oil) but rubs in easily. Not greasy at all!

Scent: Very soothing, calming lavender scent. I love lavender!

Packaging: Travel-friendly 50 ml bottle, convenient cap.

Comments: This can be used both on the face and body, and I used it on both with no reactions. It doesn't break me out at all, but I tend to use it only on my cheeks which are horribly dry. I find that using it on my mosquito bite scars and scratches help them heal and fade faster.

Bio Serum is, however, just a serum, so it doesn't replace moisturiser, cos it's just not moisturising enough on its own. I use it under moisturiser, like any other serum, and it totally locks in moisture for really nice supple skin! With most moisturisers, I find that dry flaky skin returns easily, but Bio Serum seems to deep-condition my skin so it's more resilient.

A major plus point would be the lavender scent - it's very subtle, but it's so relaxing to put it on before going to bed! (These days I've been sleeping with home-made lavender satchets around my face to help me snooze well. My mom puts dried lavender buds into muslin bundles. They smell so good, I'm addicted! I love love love lavender!!!)

Rating: 10/10


-------

Anyway, yesterday I bathed in honeysuckle flowers!

It's actually not that exciting, though I kind of felt like Cleopatra (did she bathe in flower petals?). My hives outbreaks have been getting so out of hand recently, my mom went to the Chinese medical hall to ask the old man if there were any home remedies we could try. (I didn't want to go to the regular doctor; he'll just prescribe antihistamines which don't cure the root of the problem.)

So the old man suggested steeping honeysuckle flowers to make honeysuckle tea (smells like chrysanthemum tea) to bathe in. I don't think it helped much though. :( I think next week (recess week) I'll go to the TCM clinic where they'll probably give me acupuncture or something. I hate needles but I'm so sick of itchy hives!!! According to TCM, it's because my body is over-heated and can't cool itself down, which causes the hives. It doesn't help that I've had such a craving for heaty food recently. (I just discovered Real McCoy potato chips - they totally rock!!!)

I can't wait for my presentations and tests to be over and for recess week to arrive!

5 comments:

Yumeko/Bittenbefore said...

so which part of ur daily routine do u use it? looks interesting!

my husband has hives sometimes and its due to food intolerance
he has to stop eating food high in preservatives etc like coke for a while and it clears.

renaye said...

since u reviewed it's a good product, i will also try it out since i got eczema too.

Harmony said...

I heard its really good too. Maybe i should try

Yumeko/Bittenbefore said...

i think SAs are more generous in Japan heeh they dont mind giving out samples if u sign up with them etc and do some survey etc [like skin survey] they try to sell stuff to u of course

teresa bowen said...

I heard that these beauty products are effective and safe and I want to try it! Can anyone give me an idea where I can purchase these stuffs?


bio-oil

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails